Diatomaceous Earth or better known simply as DE - Smite Organic is a 100% Fresh Water, Food Grade DE
* 100% natural organic product!
* Safe to use anywhere you can think of where insects are an issue
* No egg, meat or food withholding periods.
* EPA/HSNO Approved product.
Ideal for use in:
* Home or office for flea, fly, cockroach & ant control.
* On your vegetables for aphid & caterpillar control – Won’t harm earth worms.
* On the farm, wherever animals & pets are present, dog kennels, in chicken coops - great for residual mite control in poultry housing!
* Poultry - RED MITE hide in the darkest nooks & crannies, crevasses, perches & nesting areas in your chooks housing - Coming out at night to suck the blood from your poultry.
HOW IT WORKS? By applying DE to all the internal corners, joins, perches & nest boxes - the mite will crawl through the dust to get to the hens at night. The powder damages the mite’s protective shell causing it to slowly dehydrate & die.
IS IT SAFE? This product is perfectly safe to use not just in animals housing, but can be used with all birds, cats, dogs you name it - for the control of lice, fleas etc in housing & bedding. The same goes for most crawling insects, ants & cockroaches – fleas & flies – anywhere you can think of – bed bugs, carpets, on your precious vegetable garden, the list just goes on and on...
WHAT IS DE? Diatomaceous Earth - consists of fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of hard-shelled algae that is a naturally occurring, soft, siliceous sedimentary rock that’s easily crumbled into powder form. The powder has an abrasive feel, similar to pumice powder & is very light due to its high porosity.
* Residual insect control that works & keeps on working for months after use.